Olympia Eye & Laser Clinic Updates to Clinical Operations and COVID-19
Updated: Apr 1
During the national lock time period OELC remains committed serving the community with eye care services.
Firstly, we like to thank you if you are part of any essential or support services serving others in these unknown and difficult times.
Secondly, we aim to place highest priority on the health and safety of our patients and staff and have set high standards of safety measures in place. The following aspects have been implemented at our consulting and theatre facilities and will be updated as the situation emerges.
· Strict hand hygiene and instrumentation protocol.
· Face masks and breath shields at microscopes are provided and in place.
· Personal distance of 2m should be adhered to at all times during your visit.
· All consultations are limited to essential testing to minimize exposure time for you and our staff.
· No accompanying persons are permitted to enter the facilities during this time, unless personal assistance is required.
· A screening examination might be conducted before you are allowed onto our premises at any given stage.
Contact numbers during normal operating hours 061 372 600 and option 1 for our reception.
081 243 1435 for emergencies outside normal operating hours / 24 hour service.
Once again, we take the health and safety of our patients, their families and our colleagues very seriously. Therefore if you or someone in your household have been to a country on the CDC's list of heavily affected areas by COVID-19 within the past 14 days and have a fever or respiratory symptoms such as a cough or shortness of breath, please contact your primary healthcare provider for further guidance or make contact with the Medici App.
Please visit their websites for more information.